The Multilingual Recruitment Market comprises employers that are hiring candidates that speak a minimum of 2 fluent languages. Typically, the primary language requirement is for a “Native Speaker” in addition to Advanced or Fluent English or another language.
The majority of companies hiring multilingual roles are doing so to support their customers via email, chat, social media, phone etc. Positions are generally centralised in a single European / EMEA location from where they serve their entire customer base. As with the growth in online businesses, services and the increased use of technology and automation the need for companies to serve their customers in each physical location has significantly reduced.
Consequently, the most common positions are in;
- Customer Service & Order Management
- Online & Marketing support, content & moderation
- Financial Shared Service Centres (Accounting & Finance)
- Technical Support, Service Desk, Helpdesk & Networking
- Sales & Business Development (Technology & Service Sales)
- Management & Leadership roles in organisations managing the above activities